You already know that I’m very random. Quirky as well. I think the people at WordPress had me in mind when they decided on today’s prompt. I am not only random and quirky, you can definitely add sarcastic. Very sarcastic.
Having said that the following is a list of words/concepts that have had their time, but it’s time to retire.
- Looney Tunes: a cheap Disney copycat.
- Clowns: unless you are three, scary.
- Harry Potter: talk about scary.
- Sci-Fi/Fantasy: see above
- “Dancing With the Stars”/”The Bachelor”/”The Bachelorette”: haven’t seen them, but ABC needs to stop with the commercials.
- “Entertaining”: just say you’re having people over.
- Cruises: pay a fortune for claustrophobia.
- Lakers: near Los Angeles during basketball season it’s all you hear about.
- Camping: a hotel, please.
- Halloween: fine, if your age is in the single digits.
- Pandas: I don’t need to know when one is pregnant or just had babies.
Am I missing anything? Yes, actually. The above are only eleven from a list of 67 items on my “overrated” list. But you get the picture.
What would you add?