I told you that I’m extremely quirky. Add random, too. I looked at the songs in my iPod today (I usually just put it on shuffle and don’t pay attention). The poor thing probably thinks I have multiple personalities! To make the point, I will choose ten songs at random.
- “Maggie Mae,” by The Beatles (who doesn’t like The Beatles?).
- “The Christmas Song,” By Nat King Cole (I am too lazy to make a Christmas playlist, so I end up listening to it in July).
- “Dancing Queen,” by ABBA (it’s just happy).
- “Quit Playin’ Games With My Heart,” by Backstreet Boys (please don’t judge).
- “Rocket Man,” by Elton John (my parents liked him in the 70s, maybe it’s hereditary).
- “Stay With Me,” by Sam Smith (it’s just pretty).
- “Amazing Grace,” by Charlotte Church (my favorite religious song. Who knows, maybe a post inspiration someday).
- The “Apollo 13” theme (one of my favorite movies, with a pretty soundtrack).
- “MMMbop,” by Hanson (again, please don’t judge).
- “Beautiful Day,” by U2 (puts me in a good mood).
See what I said about random? I have no idea how the Genius in iTunes does it, and I’m afraid to see what it would choose for me. I would have thrown in the towel long ago!
Day 2 Assignment: Lists
Let me preface this post by saying that I am not in way a Grinch or Scrooge. I LOVE Christmas. But for day two of Writing: Finding Everyday Inspiration I had to come up with a list.
Although I’m no Grinch, there are some things that annoy me about this wonderful holiday.
The 12 Annoyances of Christmas
- The church up the street from us having their tree up since Halloween.
- Everyone, especially stores, “celebrating” so early.
- Gaining weight (can you say “good food?”).
- Cold (although today is about 60 degrees here and it’s freezing to us, the rest of the country would probably kill for that).
- Pressure of finding the right gift for everyone.
- Candy canes (not really an annoyance, I just can’t stand them).
- Not being able to put my tree up in my room this year (sorry, small black puppy, I’m not really annoyed…).
- Any Elvis Christmas music.
- Having to burn a pine-scented candle for a Christmas-y smell (our tree is fake).
- Sports on TV on Christmas (I have no idea why it annoys me, it just does).
If you have been reading my blog for a while, you know some things about me. You know that I’m disabled, that I have two younger sisters, and that I have a canine daughter named Maggie. For this post, I thought I’d tell you a little more about myself.
- Pansies are my favorite flower (they look like they are smiling).
- I took two years of French in high school, but other than merci and bonjour, the only thing I remember is pig. (Not very useful in a conversation. Unless you were talking about sandwiches. Or farm animals.)
- My 13/14-year-old “celebrity” crush was Prince William (that was pre-bald).
- I think about 95 is the perfect temperature.
- I think hobos are scary. Clowns too.
- I have never seen “Star Wars.”
- I have done several 5ks.
- I need a white noise machine to sleep (it drowns out Maggie’s snoring).
- Our family has never been without a dog.
- My favorite pizza topping is pineapple.
- I never learned to whistle.
- I think I’ve seen “Toy Story” at least 100 times.
- I love tiny houses, but couldn’t ever live in one.
- My family and I were guests at the White House.
- I could live in Target.
- I love “Say Yes to the Dress,” but don’t get how anyone could pay $10,000 for a dress you wear once.