My sister’s boyfriend works for ESPN. Since Disney is their parent company, he gets passes to Disneyland a few times a year. Oh, darn. Mom, Dad, and I used them over the summer. We just went to walk around, though did go on a few rides. I asked to go on Small World. Dad grumbled, but obliged.
I obviously can’t get into a boat. There is one with a lift, but it was being used at the time. It was 4:55. As the clock ticked, I wondered how in the world the employees did it. That thing would drive me crazy. Eight hours!?
Our boat came before five. As we floated along, listening to that song, which I was extremely annoyed to have in my head when I went to sleep hours later, I started noticing things. As all of the dolls sang, their “jaws” would clack, the outfits looked a little tired, and when you looked over the boat’s railing you saw all the mechanics beneath the dolls.
I was a tad disappointed seeing that, as I said, that was my favorite ride as a kid. There was “Disney Magic” at work. But as an adult, you become wise to it. Wouldn’t it be nice to keep that childlike innocence all of our lives?
“That’s All, Folks!” I wish.
You already know that I’m very random. Quirky as well. I think the people at WordPress had me in mind when they decided on today’s prompt. I am not only random and quirky, you can definitely add sarcastic. Very sarcastic.
Having said that the following is a list of words/concepts that have had their time, but it’s time to retire.
- Looney Tunes: a cheap Disney copycat.
- Clowns: unless you are three, scary.
- Harry Potter: talk about scary.
- Sci-Fi/Fantasy: see above
- “Dancing With the Stars”/”The Bachelor”/”The Bachelorette”: haven’t seen them, but ABC needs to stop with the commercials.
- “Entertaining”: just say you’re having people over.
- Cruises: pay a fortune for claustrophobia.
- Lakers: near Los Angeles during basketball season it’s all you hear about.
- Camping: a hotel, please.
- Halloween: fine, if your age is in the single digits.
- Pandas: I don’t need to know when one is pregnant or just had babies.
Am I missing anything? Yes, actually. The above are only eleven from a list of 67 items on my “overrated” list. But you get the picture.
What would you add?