Day 2 Assignment: Lists
Let me preface this post by saying that I am not in way a Grinch or Scrooge. I LOVE Christmas. But for day two of Writing: Finding Everyday Inspiration I had to come up with a list.
Although I’m no Grinch, there are some things that annoy me about this wonderful holiday.
The 12 Annoyances of Christmas
- The church up the street from us having their tree up since Halloween.
- Everyone, especially stores, “celebrating” so early.
- Gaining weight (can you say “good food?”).
- Cold (although today is about 60 degrees here and it’s freezing to us, the rest of the country would probably kill for that).
- Pressure of finding the right gift for everyone.
- Candy canes (not really an annoyance, I just can’t stand them).
- Not being able to put my tree up in my room this year (sorry, small black puppy, I’m not really annoyed…).
- Any Elvis Christmas music.
- Having to burn a pine-scented candle for a Christmas-y smell (our tree is fake).
- Sports on TV on Christmas (I have no idea why it annoys me, it just does).