Today my “assignment” was to pick a picture from four and use it as inspiration for a post. I kind of cheated. I knew what I wanted to write before I saw the pictures, so sorry if you don’t see the correlation; I’m going to try. I picked a crowded train station, probably Grand Central Station.
I am probably the only 30-something who has never seen “Star Wars.” I don’t plan to, either. I hate science fiction. I watch the ABC affiliate of the news in Los Angeles. Since Disney owns ABC, and now the “Star Wars” franchise, it seems for months “Star Wars” is all the news has talked about.
We got to see a huge movie prop, I guess it was, travel through the streets of Los Angeles for the movie’s premier. Actually it might have been “Breaking News!” on TV. And don’t forget all of the people dressed in their costumes waiting in line to see the movie.
In all fairness, those folks probably didn’t see why the herd followed “Downton Abbey.” I was definitely a sheep. I loved the show.
Okay, maybe I do get it. I guess it’s okay to go against the grain. Sometimes you might find it’s refreshing not to follow the crowd.
If you have been reading my blog for a while, you know some things about me. You know that I’m disabled, that I have two younger sisters, and that I have a canine daughter named Maggie. For this post, I thought I’d tell you a little more about myself.
- Pansies are my favorite flower (they look like they are smiling).
- I took two years of French in high school, but other than merci and bonjour, the only thing I remember is pig. (Not very useful in a conversation. Unless you were talking about sandwiches. Or farm animals.)
- My 13/14-year-old “celebrity” crush was Prince William (that was pre-bald).
- I think about 95 is the perfect temperature.
- I think hobos are scary. Clowns too.
- I have never seen “Star Wars.”
- I have done several 5ks.
- I need a white noise machine to sleep (it drowns out Maggie’s snoring).
- Our family has never been without a dog.
- My favorite pizza topping is pineapple.
- I never learned to whistle.
- I think I’ve seen “Toy Story” at least 100 times.
- I love tiny houses, but couldn’t ever live in one.
- My family and I were guests at the White House.
- I could live in Target.
- I love “Say Yes to the Dress,” but don’t get how anyone could pay $10,000 for a dress you wear once.